Monday, June 9, 2008

GOD POSTS A PROMISE


In Genesis 9:12 – 17 To Noah and all of his who had been saved safely on the ark, and now to all of mankind, God now makes a promise and gives the rainbow as an everlasting reminder of that promise. Every time I see a rainbow I am reminded again not only of that promise, but of God’s desire to communicate His promises to man and the complete confidence that He will keep His promises.

In Adam Clark’s Commentary he says of this passage in scripture:
"My bow I have given, or put in the cloud;" as if he said: As surely as the rainbow is a necessary effect of sunshine in rain, and must continue such as long as the sun and atmosphere endure, so surely shall this earth be preserved from destruction by water; and its preservation shall be as necessary an effect of my promise as the rainbow is of the shining of the sun during a shower of rain.

You know God has POSTED thousands of promises in His precious word that He desires to communicate to you and I. Even before I was saved I can remember the ever present communication being brought to me by the Holy Spirit working out various means for me to come in contact with John 3:16: “ For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”

O how well I remember when after running from God and finally stopping my run and then trusting Him as my Lord and Saviour, my confidence as a new born child of God began to increase in strength as I began to feast on the promises of God. One by one they began to become a part of my bedrock of confidence as I would discover another promise He had POSTED. Romans 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: Everyone, including me, had no righteousness of our own. Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; He had POSTED the sin problem that we all have, including me. He POSTED in Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. That even though we had this awful sin problem He still loved us so much that Christ died for us even while we were still in that awful condition.

In Romans 6:23 He POSTED the way out. “For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” And then He made it plain and simple even how to make that choice become a reality to me right now in Romans 10:9 – 11 “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

And then it was almost like he gave me the line to sign my name on when He POSTED verse 13 there in Romans 10: “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” I signed the promise that he posted back when I was 15 years old.

Now every time I see a rainbow I am reminded. GOD NEVER GOES BACK ON HIS PROMISES.

Here is a POSTED promise from God that I need today and for that matter every day.
James 1:5 – 8 “If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. 6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord. 8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

I LOVE RAINBOWS

No comments:

ABOUT ME

My logo statement is “PREACHING THE GLORIOUS GOSPEL OF CHRIST AND MAKING MELODY ALONG THE WAY” I have been doing that now for over 43 years. The Lord taught me many things in the 30 plus years as Pastor. In that time we developed several music programs, soul-winning, bible teaching and visitation programs. I have been using that experience to be a help and a blessing to Pastors, Missionaries and churches now for the last 11 years as an Evangelist. This has happened in REVIVAL MEETINGS, SOUL-WINNING CONFERENCES, MISSION CONFERENCES, SPECIAL MUSIC HELP AND TRAINING AND CHOIR CONFERENCES.

I have set no price for meetings, I simply ask for expenses and a love offering.

To Book a meeting please contact me at:
Phone: (313) 531-6984
Phone: (313) 319-4581
Email: bill@evangelistbillblount.com